Friday 27 September 2019

Life is a balance-sheet

My husband keeps his accounts balanced every single times.  For example, if he eats little too much the day before, he skips his breakfast the next day. If he goes to bed a little earlier than his usual bedtime, he wakes up earlier than usual time and goes to work. If he can't sleep at night, he gets up and start working on his paper, or whatever work is pending. If he is upset with an outsider, he takes his frustration out with an insider. If he is happy, he shows that too.  You know what I mean? His balance sheets are always balanced!

I was always amazed at my husband's ingenuity. He reads and watches a lot of motivational articles/shows to pump him up. So, I thought of watching a motivational show on how to get up early in the morning. 

My problem of getting up early morning wasn’t about waking up, it was about not going to  bed on time, the speaker on the show said.  "Sleeping has to be at the same time consistently every night," she emphasised. People can’t wakeup because they don’t go to bed early enough to give them enough sleep. "It's not the waking problem people have, it's the problem with their bedtime," she said confidently.

You see, our body needs only so many hours' sleep every day. Sleep hours differ from person to person, depending on the individual's needs, but people do wakeup after certain hours. Humans are built that way! 

This discovery helped me find an answer of my another question. I'm a bad sleeper. I feel that I've never gotten a good night's rest. I feel that my mind and ears are always active. So, when I wake up at night, I get anxious but stay in bed.

That was my problem number two! Sleep comes only when body is relaxed--I've known this for years. So, lying down in bed and hopping to fall asleep again meant not only I was losing sleep, but also losing time that I could have used to achieve something else. 

Moral of the story is life is a balance sheet. If our balance sheet doesn't balance, there is a good reason for it!  

"Life is a series of delicate balances. When one balance is lost, another must be found"
Source: Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment