Tuesday 24 September 2019

Our consciousness survives bodily death


Our consciousness is not created by our mind or made out of the physical materials, says Dr. Alexander, the American neurosurgeon and author.


I always believed there is a spirit-world that no sciences so far are able to explain. In fact, I had expressed my belief on these issues in my book “Longing to Belong: An Immigrant Woman’s Story”. The spirit texts are under the title, My Mother’s Visit.


Here is a piece on that topic in my book that I so passionately wrote: “…my attitude towards living and dying has changed after my mother’s death... In those early days of my mother’s passing I used to read a lot of “psychic connection” books. One of them was “Making the Psychic Connection,” by James Van Praagh. This book made me believe that I could actually connect with my mother’s spirit and talk with her if I developed certain psychic skills.


Dev and I used to discuss “spirit” things a lot in those days. He used to tell me, “If the spirits of all the deceased existed, where will they be? We’ll be living and breathing with the spirits; it’s not possible!” And, he used to give me all the statistics of the dead people in this world:


“Say, the average population of the world was 2 billion (there were fewer people living before our time) and about 10 percent of them died each year. It would be 200,000,000 dead people each year. Now, multiply this number by 4.5 billion (it is estimated that our world is 4.5 billion years old). How many spirits would be there?”

However, I had argued with him that our earth is only one of the many planets in the universe, and I have read that if we can achieve deeper levels of awareness, we can feel the presence of the spirits everywhere.

Moreover, I have witnessed the presences of spirit right at my parent’s home and had told him some of my experience of a family member’s spirit visiting me that I still remember vividly…

PS: Dev is my husband’s middle name. Since this book consists of my family-stories from both sides, I didn’t want to use his formal name.

No comments:

Post a Comment