Monday 21 October 2019

The little kid inside of a grown man

My husband suddenly paused eating and didn’t make conversation with me this evening.  I noticed him looking lost. He seemed to be trying to find a way to say or do something. 


After observing him in that situation for a few minutes, I asked my husband what he was thinking about. He smiled, and told me:

 

“I’m trying to figure out how to avoid eating this awful food you’ve given to me without making you scold me back.”

 

My husband’s response made me laugh. I found his arguments so funny that I couldn’t stop laughing for at least ten minutes. 

 

For the first time in my entire life I saw the other side of my husband. I always thought he was strong, demanding, and got everything he wanted from me or anyone else. I never knew the little kid residing inside of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment