Tuesday 15 October 2019

7 habits of highly effective people

The meaning behind the Character Ethic and Personality Ethic is so compelling and profound for me. I had read Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits quite a few years ago and thought I had understood what they meant. But I had not!


I accidently opened THE site gain this morning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFc08j9eorQ and realized how much more there is for me to learn from Mr. Covey’s principles.


If you’re new to these principles, pay special attentions to his 4 quality of a good characteristic person under his Character Ethic category. However, you must read everything under his “Character” and “Personality” ethics to understand character ethics are rooted in a person’s character, while personality ethics are only seen on the surface but not under a person’s value system. This, I found as profound as the Law of Attraction is!


The four ethics under his Character Ethics are as follows:


#1. Integrity

#2. Humility

#3. Courage

#4. Modesty




Under the Personality Ethic, there are the:


#1. Public Image

#2. Social Interaction

#3. Appearance




While the personality ethic can be used to build your character, most people use them to manipulate others, which in the long run others will find out who the person is.


There are so much more you can learn from Mr. Covey’s principle than I can write here. I hope you visit the site and enjoy the presentation here. I do hope you chose to be the “Will Smith” and make this world better than what you were handed on before you leave .


Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFc08j9eorQ

No comments:

Post a Comment