Wednesday 14 November 2018

A very successful woman


Maintaining positivity is hard when one starts his or her life from a very dire situation. Yet, quite few of my close encounters have managed to do just that. As a story writer, this always fascinated me.

However, writing about somebody is not easy because of the privacy issues. I’ve to be always mindful of the privacy of the person I’m writing about, and this privacy issue limits my ability to become a “effective” story writer—I can never write the truth in my stories!

Despite the obstacles, I keep writing, and it is for the good purposes. For example, a bad news catches people’s attention before the good news does. This doesn’t mean there are more bad stories than the good ones. It’s just means people pay more attention to the bad news than the good noes. It’s just the way there is!

I know that there are two sides of every story, and I want the ‘positive’ people to know that things are not always the way it looks from outside. What looks like ‘success’ from out side may actually have come from a very dark side that the characters in the story don’t want to reveal. On the other hand, a "failure" many not be failure at all--since success follows failure and failure follows success usually, it's the cycle the person is, not the situation.

For example, I met a young lady a few years back. She seemed very successful. She had everything: She was educated, married with high-earner husband, studious children, big house and some bank balances. She looked happy and talked very sweet.

As I became familiar to her through a close-relative of mine, I found out that she actually has very little to be happy about. She had grown up in a poor family. She had lost her mother when she was a toddler. Her father was alcoholic, and she was raised by her grandparents in the house which was shared by four of her uncles and their families. None of her relatives were kind to her when she was growing up. She had learned to survive in that situation by smilling when she was frustrated and talk sweet when she was angry!

She also share her belongings with others and showed how caring she was, but inside she was boiling with anger and frustrations. Looking at her disposition, nobody could imagine who she really was.

People growing up in such situation become either totally useless person by dwelling upon their misfortune or a very resilient person. She had takes the later path and was determined to change the course of fait and never look back. 

Her story fascinated me. The more I hear about her the more I became interested to know her more and found out that she is polite to get what she needs from others. She calculated her every move. Hardship hardly affected her. She was used to facing them daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment