Monday 8 October 2018

2018’s Thanksgiving Day






This is 2018’s Thanksgiving Day. I’m thinking all the way back when we started celebrating Thanksgiving days with our children in Canada. I’m remembering how I used to decorate our front porch with fall flowers and dry branches, the lineup pumpkins, the colourful writhe, the big flowerpots with hanging geraniums and tall grass in front of our house. I enjoy the flashback of our children enjoying and decorating our formal dining table. These are the things of the past, but I’ve cherished them all in my memories!


Yesterday we invited a few families with their little girls. I cooked variety of food for grownups and ordered pizza and cake for the girls. My husband was anxious about how the new people will behave and how we’ll manage to enjoy the party. But it turned out a fun-filled evening for all of us! We went to bed being thankful to God.


This morning I took a leisurely walk, enjoying the marvellous colours of the fall and the wilderness in our neighbourhood. Feeling grateful and thanking God that there is nothing like nature. No invention, no technology, no human or any living being can replicate what nature is able to create!







There are many things I wished I knew when I was growing up. For example, if I knew how important public relations and networking are for our mental, financial and public life, I wouldn’t have burned my bridge.


With all my ignorance, I’m still proud of my decision to marry the man I did, have the children I’ve and for my courage to go back to school. Yes, there are nights I can’t sleep thinking about my children’s futures. Yes, I curse my family middle of some nights/evenings and in between my prayers. But it’s life. Comparing to the alternatives I would have if I wasn’t married or not have children, this is a much better life I’m living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment