Tuesday 23 January 2018

The mentally poor people

Some people are born in a poor family and die poor, unfortunately! But others are fortunate enough to have been born in an affluent family. However, some of these fortunate people are born with a poor-mind.

Stories of how a person can be rich materially, but dirt-poor mentally are many. For instance, one of our family friends (who has more money than she can account for) buys her essentials only when these items are 'on sale’. She tells me that she just don't want to waste her money on items that are  not on discount. 



This person once took me to a store which sold ‘cheap’ grains. I bought a package of beans with her recommendation, which I had to throw away after finding as many live warms in the package as the seeds were!

Another colleague of mine told me once “I fill one of my sinks  with detergent-water and wash all my dishes of the day in that water” Wow!

I’ve been in the households who reuse their dish-pad for months and clean their dining table with a piece of cloth that never gets to see a washing machine or a dryer.  I’ve also witnessed some of our friends cooking all their foods in their presser cookers to save fuel!

My father used to tell us that some people are born “slaves”.  They are born to work for the money they own, not enjoy out of it.

He must be correct, or why would some people --with their own will-- go for the cheapest things they can find in a land of Best and Abundance? 

No comments:

Post a Comment