Sunday 5 January 2014

My husband’s help


Christmas came and gone. Children came and left. The house is empty now, except for the leftover foods in the refrigerator, dust and mud on the floors, wrapping peppers in our living room and the hamperful of dirty laundry!


One of our children couldn’t make home on Christmas this year. We missed her terribly! However, we managed to do the “face-time” with her several times during the Christmas day. 


We did the face-time again on New Year Eve with her. We also chatted a few more times on phone and exchanged massages during the holidays. She knew her siblings left home yesterday and this morning I received this e-mail from her:


“Hi mom,

How are you doing? It must be a lot quieter now that the other kids are gone. You have your house back!


Love ya”


Well, I don’t want to sound like I didn’t enjoy our children’s visit. I enjoyed a lot! But I didn’t actually get the house “back” the way it was before the kids visited until about 4PM today.


I started my venture with the bathrooms yesterday. After I finished changing the bed sheets of the second bed, my husband became sympathetic to me. He told me that he would do the vacuuming for me when he comes for lunch today. So, I did all other things: picked up the things from floors, put the Christmas decorations away, dusted and started mopping. By then it was one in the afternoon. My husband came home. He was inspired by my work and started to vacuum before he reached for his lunch.


Two minutes after my husband started vacuuming, he called me “Bina, can you see if I’m doing the job properly?” I left my mop and ran upstairs to see my husband vacuuming. “This is perfect, Raja,” I said and thanked him with a big smile.


I was still mopping, my husband called me again “Bina, can you go downstairs and check if the sensor in the box is in its place?” I ran downstairs to the basement and check the dust-sensor if it was out of its place in our central vacuum box. The sensor was where it should have been. No problem there. I hollered my husband back “Its fine, Raja”.


I started mopping. My husband called me again “Bina, can you look at the brush?” “I think the brush is not spinning properly.” I was still mopping, but left the mop and went for his help with a pair of scissors. The roller bar of his sweeper was snuggly wrapped up with a massive hairball.


I cut the hair loose and pulled all out of the roller bar strand by strand. My husband’s vacuum cleaner now worked beautifully. But I’m too tired to go back to my mop!

No comments:

Post a Comment