Friday 11 October 2013

Have you ever seen a torque blue sky?

I was in my vehicle, crossing the Princess Margaret Bridge in my town, north of Fredericton, and was struggling to hide my eyes from the piercing light of the afternoon sun. It was around 3:30PM Atlantic Time.

When I got around to the half circle-ramp, coming up from Riverside Drive and going towards the bridge, the sky zoomed in at my eyes and I felt as if I was climbing up the sky. I felt hallucinated. I slowed down my car a bit. Gripping my both hands tight on the steering wheels and hiding my eyes behind the rearviewmirror, I looked straight up to the sky – it was bright torque blue!

What’s happening? Am I seeing things?, I questioned to myself.  I looked ahead and up again. There was that bright torque blue sky standing magnificently in front of me. There were a few scattered white clouds also, all glowing as if they were beamed up by the thousands of light bulbs behind them. I wasn’t imagining. The whole thing was real!

I picked my husband up on my way home and told him what I had seen a while ago. He just smiled at me with an expression on his face that said “Yah, sure”.  After reaching home, I looked at the sky, again. This time the sky was in dull baby-blue color and the clouds didn’t shine!

In my bed time I thought about the torque blue sky again. I wondered if anybody else had seen such sky, or that was just the trick of the afternoon sun? After giving a lot of thoughts, I attributed the torque blue sky and the bright clouds to my brother who had just passed away a few days earlier. “He must be in heaven, now”, I said to myself. It was his way of thanking me for donating the bags of food to the food bank in his name this afternoon.

That was the only logical explanation I could make out of the heavenly experience I had that yesterday, and I slept the whole night peacefully!

RIP my dear Sanu dai

No comments:

Post a Comment